Welcome!

Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Friday's Challenge - OOPS

I was doing a little blog surfing and saw a track-back to my earlier challenge post and someone had commented on the card I made a few weeks ago as part of my challenge.  I went looking to see the one I made last week only to see that though I'd posted it on a forum, I had inadvertantly forgotten to post it here on my blog... OOPS.. 


So here it is a little later than planned.. I reposted the original entry from when I shared it on the Scrappy Quilting Forum. 


 I made this one today for my Sister-inlaw's birthday. In a sense I lost my challenge since I used one of my new textures embossing plates and the Big Shot, I used my pastels to essentially sponge paint the embossed background, and then I used some retired Stampin' Up Ribbon also - but I figured the overall idea was to make sure I was making at least one card a week to get back in the habit. I do consider myself somewhat redeemed since the Card stock I used isn't SU, the ribbon is retired, and I used my fiskars paper edgers as well. Last but not least the Stamp I chose was from a retired stamp set. 

Today it was a challenge just to figure out which of the new toys I wanted to play with first, so having finished something may very well be a freakin' miracle.

Would anyone like to get into the challenge with me? Don't forget to share your work - we'd love to see it!

4 comments:

Shanda Stirk said...

Very pretty - I like your design and colors. I am now following your blog.

cboyachek said...

Very nice! I've been neglecting my chalks! Now I know what to do with them :) I'm following you through SC - my blog is www.stampinallaround.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Following you from SC, cute card!!

http://andreahook.blogspot.com/

Chanda Stehlik said...

This is so pretty! Thank you for sharing! I am one of your followers from Stampin' Connection. (I'm the one that started the Follow Me thread) I have a small favor to ask, please. I had to switch over my website (it used to be BellevueStampingClub) and lost all of my followers from SC. Would you be so kind as to go to my new site listed below and RE-follow me, please? You may have to copy and paste the link. Thanks so much! I really appreciate it!

Chanda Stehlik
www.OneCraftyMommy.com