Welcome!

Friday 19 November 2010

EM Ottawa Trade Show - Wow!

After experiencing my first trade show as a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, my best description is WOW!  

I have to admit, I really had my doubts and reservations about putting out that kind of money for a table for a 3 hour window in which to get my name out there. I wasn't sure that the time frame would be long enough to see any real results and I worried that I might be flushing money that would never come back to me.  

I'd never been in Lago Restaurant before .. and let me tell you.. this place is amazing! Let me just say I'm glad that I'm not a window washer!  Everyone I spoke to was helpful and friendly, and the EM Ottawa team welcomed a newbie with open arms. 

I was given the opportunity to meet a number of new people and met some new and seasoned paper crafters as well.  Some made repeated trips back to my table and several wanted to buy my card tree and samples right there on the spot!  I hadn't counted on that!!  

I did two door prizes - one for the event, and one at my table.  The one for the Event included 4 hand stamped cards and envelopes, our Idea Book & Catalog, a holiday mini catalog, and a coupon for a free class. The prize at my table was a beginner kit that includes a SNAIL adhesive, bone folder, a coupon for a free class, as well as the Idea Book and Catalog, and a holiday mini catalog. 

The winner for the door prize at my table has been contacted by e-mail and I'm just waiting on a mailing address to go ahead and send her goodies off to her.  I would like to also offer a little something to each of the other entrants so will be sending out an e-mail tonight or tomorrow to request a mailing address.  To each that respond, I will send you a hand stamped greeting card for you to use as you please.  I'll even give you a choice of Christmas, Holiday, Birthday or All Occasion.  Please let me know which you'd like.  

Our Sale-a-Bration is coming up in January along with our Occasions Mini and I would love to send you a copy also as soon as they are out. Please e-mail me at iscrapnstamp@gmail.com with your current mailing address and I'll make sure you get one hot off the presses.

I promised that I'd share copies of the cards that I made for the door prizes.  We were pleased to see that the winner of our event door prize was a lady who'd been by talking stamps and punches a number of times and was planning on going home to dig out all of her retired catalogs and toys to see what she had as she hadn't visited them in a long time. I just love to see that kind of enthusiasm.  

Without further ado..  here are my cards - I hope you like them :)




No comments: