Welcome!

Monday 30 May 2011

Scrap Happens - Challenge - My Take...

Hey Gang..  Over the weekend I'd posted this photo as a challenge for those of you like me who really need to step outside the box and try to get back to playing.  For me it's a lot about finding better organization solutions for my toys, both old and new, but mostly about making time to sit down and just create.. 
When I saw this photo I can't say why exactly, but my mind immediately spat out Chocolate Chip and Vanilla which in itself is kind of weird, because they're not normally my "go-to" colors as far as playing goes.  Though I'd completed my color family and wanted a good excuse also to open up some new untried colors so Here I went.  


 
First I chose a sheet of Vanilla Card stock as my base.  I stamped the flower from my new favorite hostess set (Sumer Mini) in Early espresso three times on the page down one edge.  Then I chose 3 other shades chocolate chip, soft suede and river rock and stamped until I had a full sheet of flowers.  I carefully cut out one of the flowers and then started sliding it around the page to see how it looked with the other flowers.  I am always amazed at the ideas that come along simple because you allowed yourself to just play with it.  


The beauty of Stampin' Up! is that since all of the colors came from the same color family , they all coordinate beautifully.  I'm so glad that we moved things around and made some more room to play.  I'm envisioning many long afternoons and evenings in the cool basement when it's hotter than blazes outside.  


I ended up stamping 3 flowers on the base of the card, Early Espresso, Soft Suede and River Rock.  I used a pop-up to make the flower i'd cut out pop-up, and then embellished the card with our new baker's twine and then added some pearl bling to my popped up flower. I'm thinking I might make another one and pop up all 3 flowers.  If I do, I'll post so you can see it too. 


So what did you come up with?  I'd love to see! 

No comments: