Welcome!

Saturday 28 May 2011

Wow.. It's the weekend again already? Weekend Challenge

I have decided that I truly have to stop the practice of blinking at any point during the beginning of my week immediately.  Seems that I do, and immediately things get crazy busy and before I know it, another week has gone by and I'm looking back at it wondering where the time went.  This week was certainly no exception.  Made much headway in my progress to reno-recovery, among other things and got a lot of spring cleaning of the electronic variety taken care of in my efforts to take a minor step back and plot ahead again..  


A comment my hubby made to me the other day got me thinking.  Until he'd mentioned it, I hadn't really thought about it much but much as I hated to admit it, he had a point. (Shh.. I didn't say that out loud, right?)  He said he often sees me in preparation for classes, or workshops,  planning items for swaps with other demos but it's not very often lately that I sit down just to play with my toys for nobody else but me.  


Like I say, I had to admit he's right.  Sometimes you just have to take a step back from all of the crazy hustle and bustle in your life, put in the brakes and say :"This moment right here.. is MINE."  pick a project and go after it with all the gusto you've got.  It is with that in mind that I started looking at hosting a few small swaps, and challenging myself to create something daily.  I also want to step out of my regular comfort zone and routines.  I find that I always gravitate towards the same colors and there is a whole color palette to choose from.  


I decided that I was going to start posting weekly challenges on my blog.  I thought it might be fun to have others join in and share what they've made.  


So earlier in the month I was talking to a lady about - yep, you guessed it - Girl Guide Cookies - I understand that there was a real shortage of them in our area this year and many that wanted didn't get them.  That conversation led me to trying to find the group closest to me, and in that trek, I came upon the photo I have displayed here.  Somehow my brain jumped to the new chocolate chip ink pad that I bought recently and I thought that it was the perfect challenge to start with.  


Do these colors inspire YOU?  I'd love to see what you've come up with.  Please post a comment with a link to your project so we can take a look too!  I'll play around a little with it this week and post some samples too.  


Have you signed up for my newsletter?  It takes only moments to register and just for subscribing to my newsletter, I will enter your name in a monthly drawing to win a FREE class for you and 4 friends.  You can keep the coupon, or gift it to a friend.  Sign Up Via My Website, or send me an e-mail.

Have you downloaded your copy of the Summer Mini Catalog yet?  If you'd rather have a physical copy of your very own please feel free to e-mail me and I'll arrange to get you one. 

For 24/7 Shopping and delivery right to your door anywhere in Canada visit my website.  Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.  I am here to help!   

No comments: