Welcome!

Tuesday 5 July 2011

Stampin' Up! Not just Scrapbooking and Rubber Stamping..

Isn't this brooch lovely?  What would you say if I told you that it was made with Stampin' Up! Fabric, and one of our exclusive Big Shot Bigz Dies?


This brooch was featured on "So Shelli", a blog put out by Stampin' Up! founder and CEO and I just couldn't wait to share it with you all. 


I've made this particular flower in paper a number of times.  It's been stamped, sponged, distressed and otherwise "abused" in a dozen different ways to achieve whatever the look we were trying to achieve at the time.  Sometimes successful, other times not nearly so.  Up until now though I haven't tried running anything other than paper through my Big Shot but with the release of all of our new fabric, you know it was only a matter of time before some of the craftier among us decided to give it a whirl. 


I'd actually been thrilled to see a fabric flower on a card recently, but it hadn't occurred to me to put a pin on it ~ though we did have a conversation recently about using fun foam to deck out a pair of flip flops.. 


I recently saw a quilt online that had been completely comprised of large Bigz flowers and appliqued.  It was beautiful, and amazing.  Don't you just love it when two crafts you love over-lap and you can use the same great tools for both of them?  I know, *I* do! 


I just love to share ideas like this that highlight the diversity of Stampin' Up! and all of our offerings.  From Stamps, Paper and Ink,  to Decor Elements, and a huge variety of ingredients to make all of your Uniquely personal gifts come to light.  No experience required, just add a little imagination. 


For anyone who might like to see how Shelli made this flower, please visit her site where she gives a detailed explanation and photos of how her creation was made.  If you decide to re-create this flower, I'd love to see how yours turned out.  Feel free to leave a comment here with a link to your creation. 


Until Next time.. 


Don't just think it, Ink It!  :)


~ Tammy 





No comments: