Welcome!

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Journal Jar ~ A quote snack if you will..

Ever since I was a young teen and had my very first journal, I have always collected quotes.  Sometimes doodled in the margins of the page, and others written right into the entry itself.  


Song lyrics also made their way into my books as well, as I have always ALWAYS been a music nut.  I grew up listening to music that encompassed everything from 50's and 60's music, some easy listening, BAGPIPES!, all of which that became affectionately termed as "Dad music" between my sister and I.  
When I got a little older and started acquiring a music style of my own, I would make mixed tapes.  I discovered that if I made a mixed tape of music for Dad, that I could often slip in a song or two that my sister and I liked in between his songs.  I was sure that I was SO CLEVER..  if he noticed, he never said anything ..  well not for quite a while anyhow..  someone commented that they didn't know that Dad listened to the band that was playing at the time and Dad explained that his kids had made the tape.  

It's one of my fondest memories of life at home and camping with Dad.  Dad had some favorite cassettes that used to get played over and over, and I spent a lot of time setting tapes up so that when Dad put them in, that one song or another would play.  


A couple of those songs were David Lee Roth's "I ain't got nobody", and Showdown "The Rodeo Song"...  yes, my dad is quite the character..  :)   Years later I made him a mixed CD with all of those one song only cassettes that used to drive us crazy so that he could just hit play and have at 'er..   ;)

In any case, I thought that I'd try sharing some quotes here that might inspire you to journal on your pages.  Sometimes it'll be a song lyric, and other times a quote or maybe even a poem.  I will try to do these every Wednesday so that you can look for them.  


Feel free to leave me a comment with one of your favorite song lyrics, or quotes. It's always nice to know that others are reading.. :)


So here we go...   Enjoy  :) 


"When it seems impossible, when it seems like nothing is going to work, you're usually only a few millimeters away from making it happen." - Tony Robbins


"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." - Ben Franklin


"The ultimate test of a moral society is the kind of world that it leaves to its children.  - Dietrich Bonhoeffer



No comments: