Welcome!

Monday 5 September 2011

TGI - Monday! How Was YOUR Weekend?

I don't think I've ever been so thankful for a Monday..  


Between moving a family member Thursday - a move that will go on record as the WORST MOVE EVER - or more affectionately termed Move from HELL - we are all lucky to be alive going into Friday.  We were at the 26th hour of being up straight as the last box came off the truck at 5 am.  At that point the trips between upstairs and downstairs (3rd floor - no elevator! ugh).  


The truck had to be back for 9 am also, so about 3 we switched gears and emptied what was left of the truck, so that the able bodied (or what was left of them) people could cart them up and down the stairs and the rest wouldn't have to wait up any longer.  The truck was returned for 7, and 9 that morning boxes were still being ferried up the stairs.  

We have a couple of loads of leftovers to take down that didn't make the truck, stored here and there but hopefully they'll be gone over the next few days..  Truly not a pleasurable experience. 


Put on top of that I was the organizer for our Labour Day parade this year.  A few last minute cancellations really threw this first-timer for a loop, but thanks to a few awesome volunteers stepping up everything came together.  I've gotten to make some notes for next year..  for now I'm just thankful that it's Monday and that all of that is in my rear-view mirror for now.  

So today it's on to some left-overs and a wait for the big brown truck. I have a raft of swap cards to make this week for a few swaps that I've signed up for due in a couple of weeks.  


Scrapper's Club Tomorrow afternoon, and Stamper's Club Friday evening - It looks as though we're going to have a Club Friday afternoon as well.  Would you like to join for any of these?  Let me know! 


My Monday morning Coffee and a Card weekly class begins next Monday also. For just $5 you can come in for coffee, tea or hot chocolate, visit with other crafty ladies and make a card.  If you'd like to make additional copies of the card, for just $5 more, you can make 2 more of the same card, or change it up to make 3 slightly different cards to add to your stash.

If you haven't taken a look at the new holiday mini, you can find it here:http://www.stampinup.net/esuite/home/iscrapnstamp/catalogs  Download them to your computer.  Or if you prefer let me know and I'll get you a copy when my order arrives this week.. 


My newsletter will be going out either tomorrow or Wednesday so watch for your copy. Watch for this month's contest to win a free gift certificate for 20.00 to shop the Holiday Mini..  


Well I'd better run.. but I'll be back soon :)  Happy Stampin' Friends :) 







No comments: