Welcome!

Monday 19 March 2012

March Madness.. Where did March Go?



I find myself looking out the window this morning at this spectacularly gorgeous morning and wondering how we ended up rounding the end of the month so quickly.  Already March 19th, and so far this month we've had snow, rain, thunder storms, and of course the lovely days that we have enjoyed over the last few days..   Mother nature sounds like she's pitching a hissy fit this month.  

I am encouraged to see the bulbs and perennials starting to poke up through the cold hard ground to make their appearance.  I just love spring!  I've always loved daffodils, and even more so since I learned that they are the symbol of the Cancer Society ~ being one of the lucky ones to have the opportunity to call myself a survivor, the spring arrival of these beauties makes me smile for a variety of reasons these days. More than anything, coming out of the snowy days.. they remind me that better days are coming..    and we can all use that.. 

I got to play with my stamps a little bit over the weekend, did some organizing and updating of my retired sets as well as some actual stamping.  I'm really loving the Sprinkled Expressions Stamp set from the SAB mini.  I combined it with our in-color colors and just had fun with it.   I'm sure that there are many more cards to come with this versatile set :)

I spent much of my time working on simple workshop-style cards, but I can think of many ways to step these up for our veteran scrapnstampers.  For one, I would definitely stamp the sentiment on a punch and pop it up in the middle so that the sentiment pops a bit more.  I thought I'd go ahead and post this as is, if only to show you that we demonstrators don't always get it perfect the first time.  What you see at your clubs, workshops and classes is often the product of several incarnations and attempts at a particular design.   As the saying goes.. Pobody's Nerfect  ;)

As an after thought, I decided to run my stamped card stock through the big shot in an embossing folder, but where normally Iwould have used the Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folder - Houndstooth, Petals-a-Plenty, Snow Burst or Square Lattice,  this time I was thinking of some quilting patterns I'd seen that were very ornate and thought I'd try something a little different, I did one with the Perfect Polka Dots,  and one with the Vintage Wallpaper one.  Finial Press looks great too.  I really like how they turned out.  

Can you tell that my Sizzix embossing folders are among my favorite tools?

Isn't it great how you can get a new stamp set and it makes you want to go back through all the favorite tools that you already own to see what you can come up with.  With Stampin' Up! everything old is new again Every time you open that big brown box..   

On a few other notes..   

Savin O' The Green Special ~ As announced through Facebook on Saturday (as promised).  Simply place an order of $40 or more before tax and shipping, and I'll pay the shipping! That's a savings of 10% !! 

Bump up your order to $60 before tax and shipping and you'll also get your choice of item from the Sale-a-Bration Mini collection absolutely FREE. 

This sale runs from Saturday, March 17th, until Friday March 23rd, 2012. 

~~~

We still have space in our March Workshop coming up on March 21st - that's this Wednesday.  I have morning, afternoon, or evening spots available. 

Please Indicate which time slot you prefer: 10 AM- 1 PM or 7:00 PM 

If you're on Facebook, you can RSVP :here:  if not, you can certainly call or e-mail me.  


Sale-a-Bration:  

We're in the final stretch of Sale-a-Bration ~ Where you get FREE stamps and other Sale-a-Bration items for every $60 you spend. Place your order through my website, or contact me and we'll place your order together.  

If you were thinking about signing up as a demonstrator, or purchasing our "I want it all kit" ~ it is on sale for $150 up until the 31st of March also.   That's $425.00 in product for just $150  (regularly $215).  

View the catalogs through my Demonstrator website or contact me for a copy of your own.  

Sale-a-Bration ends March 31st ~ Get Your Goodies before they're GONE..  




Until Next Time ~ Happy ScrapNStamping! 


No comments: