Welcome!

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Countdown to September... Are you Ready?

Well I have to admit that I was a little surprised when my hubby said something about this being the long weekend.  It's not that I didn't believe him, so much as I really wasn't sure where the heck my August went!  But alas here we are heading full-steam into September..  are you ready?

Things are finally settling down a little bit in our world.  My Dad is still in hospital in Vancouver, and progress is slow.  We're hoping to head back out there soon to be able to get him settled back at home.  
My father-in-law had his surgery as well, and we are all overjoyed that he exceeded everyone's expectations and is home and doing better.  I imagine he'll be tired and sore for quite a while but at least he's HOME.

I also had my long-awaited gall bladder surgery, and am back at home also.  My hubby is having way too much fun enforcing the no lifting, take it easy part of the doc's message.  I suppose I should be grateful for the spoiling but I just hate the whole pre-meditated activity across the board.  Thankfully it's not forever..

As some of you know we had a nasty plumbing mishap just before we left for Vancouver as well.  What a mess that was! Thanks to my teddy bear's diligent and speedy efforts the mess wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been and most of the mess was confined to the laundry room.  

From the point we got home the insurance company had workers come and pack and empty our entire basement into a pair of Pods in our driveway.  They ripped out all of the carpet, and hauled it all away.  The basement never looked so big!  I hadn't realized it before but the carpet in the basement was one large piece from one end to the other so it all had to go..

They've also deemed that our washer and dryer need to be replaced as well since they were contaminated along with a variety of other shelves and things in the sewage fountain.  I have never been so grateful for my Rubbermaid tote bins that saved most of what we had stored in the laundry room.

The good news is that when all is said and done our basement will be done at long last. I have been plotting my orders in advance and am already well into planning classes and events from here to Christmas.  I guess you could say I'm a little excited. :)

There only a few days left to get in on the big My Digital Studio Promotion for this month ~ 31 different options for your crafting pleasure.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance in placing your order.

LIkewise there is only a short time to sign up for our "I want it all kit" or Start Up kit and receive the Spooktacular Special courtesy of Stampin' Up!  This kit has a value of  $75 absolutely free so if you've been thinking about it, you owe it to yourself to give it another look before you run out of time on a great special..

Stay tuned..  more information as it comes..    I'll be working on the Fall Line-up for classes and events and expect to have it posted shortly..  :)


No comments: