Welcome!

Monday 8 July 2013

Monday Morning Check In! Are You Crafting today?

Box Topper - By Brian Pilling, Stampin' Up! 

I thought I'd kick off our Monday morning with a video that highlights one of the neatest and most popular items in our Big Shot line up ~ the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die  ($52.95).   Launched at a time when everybody was going crazy using their Scor-pal or Simply Scored to make the painstakingly tedious amount of score lines to create the perfect rosette; along comes this magnificent tool!  Hurray for Stampin' Up! 



I was reminded a number of times yesterday that I really need to plot more personal play time down there. So many toys that haven't gotten the airplay in my world that I plotted in my head when I ordered them.  

My daughter and I spent most of Sunday afternoon in the craft room.  Spent some time working on updating the inventory and marking items I own in the new catalog. I'd never really considered how long this task usually took me until my daughter offered to pitch in and I worked on another area while she dutifully marked, and stickered several aspects of my craft room.  I was sure grateful for the help!! 

We have been working on a complete inventory, and I'm hoping to have an online inventory ready to post on my website soon.  It will be great to be able to have folks look at the site to see what I have available in the craft room. 

The real treat of the day was when she was done and she asked if there was anything she could punch out or die cut for me.  It had been a long time since she'd showed any interest in the paper crafting foray so it was a real surprise!    
I gave her a full package of card stock and gave her measurements for slightly smaller than card fronts then set her loose on the embossing folders. 

When I came up around 7 to make a long-overdue supper she had used our variety of embossing folders to single, double and in some cases triple-emboss these card fronts in a variety of ways.  It was sure great to see that smile on her face of having accomplished something really great! 

I'm coming around to the mindset that everybody should go through this type of an exercise at least once every few months.  I am finding product that I bought that I've never even opened, and other items I'd inadvertently ordered more than one of.   It really is mind-boggling. 

It was a day of highs and lows..  I heard the words "Hey Mom, do you realize you have almost everything on this page"  more than a few times.. LOL   but then I'd be looking around the room at things like the MS score pal that I bought on sale at Michaels just a few days before we got our new Simply Scored that's never been used.  Well that's not entirely accurate - it has been dusted off a time or two in showing a class how much better *ours* is..  

I've also started going through my bins of accumulated extraneous "stuff" collected during many buy-it-all lot purchases over the years in which I got duplicate items as well in order to get a better price on the things I really did want at the time.  

The result is that I'm going to have a great for sale table upcoming -  Hopefully for our Christmas in July Crop at the end of the month.  I already have a variety of Sizzix/Cuttlebug embossing folders, Stamp Wheels, and stamp sets  put aside, and there's more to come.  It will be nice to reclaim some of that storage space and unclutter my creative space some.. :) 

What are you crafting this week?  

I have had a few requests for classes ~ If there is interest we'll make them a go.  Do one of these interest YOU?  Please let me know! 
iscrapnstamp@gmail.com 

Class for Older Teens and 20-Somethings





What's On This Week: 

Coffee & A Card – Monday Mornings 9:30 – 11 AM

Join me to create a weekly informal get together.  Enjoy a cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate among friends and of course create a card.  $5. 

Bring a friend that hasn’t crafted with me before and make a 2ndcard for FREE.


Mommy & Me Class  -  Wednesday Mornings from 9:30 AM – 11:00 AM 

Join Me to Create a Selection of theme related gifts and crafts geared to kids 8 and under.  $15 for One adult and Child – Add a second child for just $10. 

If there is interest we will add a late morning timeslot or afternoon time slot. 

Book:  July 3rd, July 10th, July 17th, July 24th, July 31st.   -  Attend 4 and get the 5th one on Me!  J

Oh So Simple – Basic & Beautiful Card Class – July 8 ~ 7:00 PM to 9:00 PM

Come and stamp 4 wonderful cards to add a variety of all-occasion cards to your card stash each month.  Wow your friends and family with cards you made yourself!  

Supply fee is $20 or place a $25 order and your class is FREE.

Fun-Size your experience – make 8 cards for $30 (Free with $35 order) or 12 cards for $40 (Free with your $45 order)

Bring a friend that has never attended one of my classes before and get an extra set of 4 cards FREE.

Enjoy this class in my workshop, or gather 4 friends and I’ll bring the party to you!


Midnight Crops:  2nd and 4th Fridays  6PM – MIDNIGHT. 

Bring your Unfinished Projects (UFOs), Works-in-Progress (WIPs) and Big Ideas with you and craft the night away.  
Make use of my Big Shot Die Cutters, and my library of punches, dies, embossing folders, stamps and tools

Pay a flat fee of $20 to attend or Place an Order for $35 and attend for FREE. 

Make it a CLUB ~  Commit to 6 consecutive months and place your order on or before “Club” and during one of the month’s you get to be reap the rewards of being the hostess. ($35 Minimum – based on $200 party order).

Book:  July 12, July 26th

SAVE THE DATE - SAVE THE DATE - SAVE THE DATE 
12 Hour Retreat-Crop - Christmas In July -  JULY 28th, 2013 9 AM - 9PM 
More details to follow - stay tuned!  :)   

Please RSVP to reserve your spot in the event(s) of your choice as space is limited.  If there is interest we can add additional time slots for any given event. 





No comments: