Welcome!

Wednesday 2 October 2013

Getting Back into the Crafting Habit.. Swap til we DROP!




A number of us have been chatting lately and we're all in agreement.  So much on-the-go lately that sometimes it is tough to find the time to play.  

For some of us, we get to a spot every once in a while where we get so lulled into the pattern of plotting for classes and shows that we sometimes "forget" to plot time for ourselves to craft. 

At this time of year it's all about Holiday gift cards, and craft fairs, 3D gifts and other items.  Start adding in all of the family commitments and what I tend to call "Life in General" creeping in and your calendar starts looking like a war-zone of its own.  

I've made a point of setting aside a little time each week to just pick a couple of products, or colors and challenge myself to just CREATE.  

So won't you play with me?

I thought I would offer 2 different swaps and see where readers decide to jump on board.  I would very much like to leave things pretty wide-open so that nobody feels any pressure to buy new punches or product in order to fulfill a goal.  (Of course if you were needing an excuse to run out and buy a new package of Candy dots, or a particular stamp set for your collection ~ who am I to say no! )  

Seriously though, the point of the exercise is simply to have fun ~ and CREATE! 


So in keeping with tradition ~  I'd like to make the first swap a HOLIDAY CARD SWAP.  Choose Christmas, Hanukkah, New Years   

I thought I'd offer 2 different swaps and see where folks decided to jump on board.  

I would like to leave things pretty wide-open so that nobody feels like we all have to turn into some kind of crazy card factory for a very specific themed card..  

I thought I'd do one for All Occasions (Birthday - Thanks - Thinking of You - Sympathy etc)

and one for Holiday Cards ( Christmas - Hannukah - New Years - Family Day - Valentines Day)


Guidelines: 

1. Make One Card of the Same Design for each participant (You will get one your own cards back.)

2.  Stampin' Up! Products Only!  Current colours, products and stamp sets are preferred. 

3.  Size 4 1/4" X 5 1/2" CARD FRONTS ONLY.  I tend to do whole cards so that the recipient can either display the finished card, or use the card if they so choose but many prefer to mail card fronts only to save shipping and cost of materials. 

4. Please submit your best work only!  We want everyone to get a card from you that you would be happy to receive!

5. Sign up for one or both groups.  If demand is sufficient I can create a second (Or subsequent group) you may sign up for any or all of these groups - but please make a different card for each group.  

6.  Please ensure your cards are sent on time!  Late arrivals will be returned un-swapped - Sorry!!

7.  Please include as much postage in your envelope as it took to mail to me, so that I can return to you.  If you are local to me you may also arrange to drop off/pick up from me or piggy back with a friend who is also participating.

8.  Last but not least - Have FUN! 


You can e-mail me at iscrapnstamp@gmail.com 

Please send your Swaps to: Tammy Wilson PO BOX 457, Cardinal, Ontario, K0E 1E0 

Please note: Before sealing your envelope with your swaps make sure that you are not spending too much for postage! A 10 Card Swap can fit in easily in a large envelope flat for $3-4.00 as opposed to using a box or smaller envelope stuffed that would ensure it ships as parcel for much more money. 

Many of Us Learned this one the hard way! Ask at your post office as many of them have a template you can borrow and if your envelope fits through the slot in the plexiglass it can go as letter mail, if not it’s a parcel.. Please feel free to ask if you need me to explain any of this better..


Feel free to ask if you need me to explain any of this better..




Thank you for choosing ME to be YOUR Demonstrator! 



No comments: