Welcome!

Monday 7 November 2016

IScrapNStamp: Monday #Musings from Stampin' Tam! #OnStage #Ottawa #IScrapNStamp

I had the pleasure of attending my very first Stampin' Up! mini-convention or OnStage this weekend in Ottawa.  

I'd heard stories about conventions.  The ideas, the learning, the samples and perhaps most importantly of all the friendships built and comraderie.  I thought I knew what I was getting into, but I truly had no idea.  I also had the added bonus of attending a member of my downline team.  Carole and I had a fabulous time! 

It was also a chance to see my upline who lives much farther away from me now then when I first joined, as well as her upline -- who just happens to be the demo whose first class bit me on the bum and got me hooked.  I couldn't resist getting a Stampin' family photo.  

From left to right (and in order too!!)  Josee, Jennifer, me (of course) and Carole.  4 generations of our Stampin' Up! famiily tree.  It was great to be able to attend this together!  
I was tickled pink that I was able to earn this event FREE using my flex points, which are basically a rewards program for demonstrators based on our sales and participating in a variety of demo incentives from Stampin' Up! home office.  Another fabulous perk of being a demonstrator.  

To say that we were spoiled is a serious understatement!! 

We received a lovely tote bag upon arrival that contained our nametag and lanyard to put it on, and ribbons to attach to it based on our title and awards we'd achieved.  There was a notebook/agenda as well as a leatherish folder stamped with OnStage.  I'm not sure what I'll use it for but one of my neighbors fit her passport in her's almost immediately.  

There was a brand new stamp set inside as well as copies of the brand new Occasions catalog and Sale-a-Bration catalog that we got a fabulous sneak peek of.   

I was already super excited about these goodies, but over the day we'd have a prize patrol and be gifted with bling, and another stamp set.  At the end of the day we were gifted with yet another stamp set -- all from the yet-to-be-released Occasions offerings.  

They weren't done yet!  Just when we thought we were done, we were told to remove a few items from the supply box on the table then based on the most recent birthday we went around the table choosing something from the pile of goodies until they'd all been spoken for.  I came away with another stamp set, some designer series paper, and 2 different colors of thick twine.  

We were treated to a number of demonstrations, and several make and takes using all new unreleased products.  I came away with some new creative friends, and a head full of ideas.   I was glad to know I was coming home to my Sunday class/club today so I'd get to pick up where I'd left off Saturday.  It was really hard not to pull out these brand new stamp sets to play .. we have to wait a few more days..  

I do have some beautiful swaps and cards to share from the current catalog. They will be on display in my craftroom.  I cannot wait to share them with you.  :)  I really wanted to make more swap cards to take as I'd heard that folks wander around swapping but I simply ran out of time.   Thanks to my ah-maz-ing teddybear who stayed up with me way-too-late I did get the swaps done I'd committed to for the event, but I didn't foray into anything extra.  Leave well enough alone blondie, you know what I mean?  LOL 

If I didn't already have a hundred reasons why being a demonstrator was AWESOME.. I now have a bunch more.  I've never have an employer support and spoil me so much.  

I have to apologize here for teasing because I cannot yet show the new products or new catalogs to you, but I promise they'll SO WORTH the wait!! 

I look forward to my next opportunity to create and share with you. 

Until then, take care.. 

Stampin' Tam! 




No comments: