Welcome!

Monday 14 December 2015

Throwing back to where it all began..

All this talk about Throwback Thursdays #TBT and Time Capsules Tuesdays and Flashback Fridays  lately has got me looking back over my Stampin' Up! journey so far..   

I always get such a kick out of the crafter's eyes as they glaze over marvelling at the sheer collection of paper, punches, dies, embossing folders, and other paper altering creativity that live in my craft room. 

Most looking at me with such shock and awe when I tell them that I started out much like them, at a single class, and that little by little it grew and grew.  

Of course there were a lot of overlaps.  I had a few sets of Fiskars paper edging scissors, a die cutter and dies already because I was a home daycare provider when our kids were small.  I had a number of childcare related punches as well. 
I had a variety of ribbon, yarns, buttons and fibres and I remember being excited to realize that many of these things that I'd already accumulated would get "new life" in this new hobby I'd discovered -- like I was Columbus or something!  The idea of it seems hilarious to me now..  

I've been thinking a lot about how it all started with just one scrapbook page at a party hosted by a friend.  

Who would have thought that that one afternoon would have led me here? 

Of course that first visit set the stage, and I hosted party, bought a myriad of products and I was hooked.  I began collecting a variety of paper, and even signed up to be a demonstrator for another Scrapbooking company that no longer exists.  I found a big box store and started collecting 12x12 paper stacks, and "Pound of Paper packs" that made so much more sense than cutting up the Scrapbooking paper to punch.  

It was about a year later that I was introduced to Stampin' Up! and was introduced to a whole new world of colour.  I recall having 8 1/2 X 11 paper for Stamping, and 12 x 12 for scrapbooking and how I truly believed it was "wrong" to cut a 12 x 12 sheet and waste it on a card..   my how times have changed! 

The CM method of page, paper strip, triangle, and stickers no longer seemed enough and a monster was born..   a gift (perhaps curse for some) but a "gift" I thank my friend Sarah for every chance I get.  I always smile when I see Sarah's name pop up as having liked a posted project or posting made. After all these years it's like she's still proud of being the catalyst that coloured my world.  :) 

I tease her a lot, and say it's all her fault, but I'm truly grateful about the whole thing.  Sarah is one of the few reasons I miss living closer to Ottawa ~  we had a lot more playdates back then.  

I've been working on a re-design for many of my class offerings and planning my calendar for the new year.  Some of our favourites will remain, some will return and there will be some cleared away to make room for the new and different.  

I've been on a real "Use it or Lose it" challenge lately, and I've been making use of regular challenges and enjoying my return to celebrating "Retired Sundays," in my own personal effort to use more of my stash and make way for new products coming our way in 2016.  You may have seen some photos of some of my creations on my Facebook and right here on my blog lately ~ and I'm due to post some new update photos for our craftroom progress.  Great things are coming!  We've been a busy busy bunch!  

More details to come in the coming weeks! 

I'd like to thank everyone who has taken the time to weigh in on what they'd like to see, and when they'd like to do it, you've been an immense help in the plotting.  I appreciate it! 

See something you'd like but can't make the time slot that it's offered in?  Get in touch with me and see what we can work out.  If there is enough interest, we'll set something up!  

Of course booking a private workshop for yourself, or for your own workshop or gathering is always an option too!    

Thank you for allowing ME to be your choice to colour your world!  

Let's make 2016 the most CREATIVE one yet!  

The countdown to Sale-a-Bration 2016 is ON! 










No comments: