Welcome!

Sunday 28 February 2021

Marching back to the Creative Zone V. 21.0

 


As we head into March, we've all been talking about how much more we need our creative outlets; perhaps more than ever before.  

I know, I've been marveling at the fact that it has been almost 2 years since my best crafting buddies have come out to play.  

It seems like I was just getting out of many months of prepping for major surgery, having the surgery, doing homecare -- I finally got discharged and we were celebrating my feeling great and planning ahead with March break with our youngest grandson, followed soon after by our youngest granddaughter and then there was lockdown.  Full stop.  

Full stop.. to just about everything. Everything seemed upside down.  I was a whole lot younger that first time that I was a full time parent.  I'd forgotten how toys multiply in the dark, and how much it hurts to walk on Lego and so many other things.  The way we look at so many things has changed, thankfully many have also stayed the same.  Having said that, we were lucky - so many of our friends weren't able to see their grandchildren and here we were with two of ours full time.  Despite the crazy, we cannot help but be grateful for this time.  The two cousins have become so very close for getting to spend so much more time together than they might have, had they been at home.  

I've been feeling a little scattered, I'm not gonna lie. You'd think that getting to be at home that so much more of that honey-do list would be getting done, but it's exactly the opposite. Burning that candle at both ends while someone sets a campfire in the middle.   We're all feeling rather burnt out and uninspired.  It has been a challenge to carve out "me" time of any kind but I have been working on it, and for the last few months I've seen a difference.  In amid the crazy, I have been plotting, collecting feedback and plotting.  I cannot wait to share with you! 

I've been asked to get back at clubs, and to offer some kind of classes.  I've been working on re-vamping my regular clubs, as well as the specialized clubs and product shares.  I'm hoping to start doing some live crafting get togethers and perhaps some lives, or video card classes. Despite my job, this is still outside my comfort zone.  I'm working on that though. Also on that list is being a better resource to my growing team.  One of the many things that I've let slide. 

 I've put in a couple of orders and have a great mix of sets, so I'll be featuring different sets monthly in hopes of inspiring us all to get back to getting ink on our fingers, and perhaps more importantly sharing what we are working on.  I've been having fun creating graphics. I cannot wait to share them with you.  I do have some Sale-a-bration projects that I'll be sharing posthumously since SAB ends today, but that's ok.  I'd like to get back to my retired Sundays.  This isn't all about sales (though they are great) more than anything it's about getting the gang back together and cranking out some crafty!

Someone once told me that the life expectancy of a paper crafter was about 2 years.  At that point they've either gotten everything they feel they need and they stop shopping, they sign up to be a demonstrator themselves, or they move onto something else.  I am lucky that most of my customers and friends have been with me since my early beginning, through 2 different uplines and many many of life's challenges.  I am grateful for each and every one of you! 

When I think about the hurdles in the 20-some years since I became a paper crafter.  They weren't all mine, of course, but they all took their toll.   Getting to dig into a creative project is good for the heart and soul.  It's even better when we can do it together! 

Stay tuned, great things are coming.  :)   

Until next time! 

Stampin' Tam! 

Has it been a while since you've taken a look at all we have to offer? Let your fingers do the walking and hop over to my page.  All our current offers and specials are listed there, and you can even download our current catalogs.  Let me know if you'd like a physical copy instead and I'll arrange to get that to you! 

Ask me about my VIP group for customers and creative friends. <3 


No comments: