Welcome!

Tuesday 9 November 2010

November Crop - Here's What You Missed.. :)

Alright, I'm not sure why this picture shows up properly when I load it on my computer but then turns sideways when I post it here but O-K.

This was my first two page spread made for a class/crop.  My Marker Club ladies had been requesting Scrapbooking Pages and I was having a bit of a block in trying to build an open concept page, without photos when I've spent years building pages around my photos

I made my sample with 2 coordinating pages.  The page on the left (or in this case bottom) has a red strip, while the one on the right (or top) is Green.  Both are mounted on yellow textured card stock that has been edged with our Scallop Trim Border #118402 (22.95)

We used Old Olive and Real Red Ribbons for the ornament cords.  I wanted to put a bow or knot on the cord as more of an embellishment but my long nails wouldn't allow for that so I opted to leave it plain.

We used the Ornament Extra Large Punch #119847 (23.95) and the corresponding stamp from the Tags til Christmas Stamp Set from the Holiday Mini #121169 ($27.95).  I also chose 3 more ornament stamps from Delightful Decorations #116517 ($26.95).  I chose to do a basic page to show but offered a variety of Step-it-up options to our Crop Attendees.




 The results were quite varied, but all so very beautiful.  I've asked to share pictures of some of the samples here in what has become one of my favorite parts of this hobby and of being a demonstrator. A couple of our attendees opted to use an edger they brought with them to complete their page.  Isn't it awesome how when given the same colors of the same products that several people can have a completely different vision in stepping it up?

While some used glitter, others added bling, some used pop dots, and one Cropper used our texturez embossing folder to emboss snowflakes which she cut out and then added to her page ONE by ONE.  I am in constant awe of the collective creative genius that emerges when we all get together.  Thank you all for sharing your light and creativity with me!

Also available as part of the Handmade Holiday Promotion coupled with either the Decorative Label Punch or XL Ornament Punch.  For More info on the Handmade Holiday Promotion and bundles see here.

An additional ornament that also corresponds with the ornament punch is available in Contempo Christmas #118734 ($19.95).  Why not get together with a few of your Scrapping and Stamping Friends. If you each pick up one of these versatile sets, you'll be able to share and trade for many years to come.




For our second project we made one of the candy boxes from the Holiday Mini - Advent Calendar set.  I hadn't figured out how I was going to share this awesome product since our kids are all grown past the stage of advent calendars but sharing the kit in this way allows me to share a really cute kit with a lot more people. I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised at how well this quick and easy make and take went over with the crowd..

If you'd like information on one of our Scrapbooking, Stampers or other Clubs contact me for more information.  There are clubs and Shares for almost any budget.

More pictures from the crop tomorrow.. stay tuned :)

Cheers!

No comments: