Welcome!

Monday 8 November 2010

Honouring Our Veterans - Let me Wear, and Share my poppy :)

Hey Everyone!

I’ve been searching for an idea to do something to commemorate Remembrance Day and have been hunting high and low for ideas that I could use this week.   I was quite disappointed to find that the only references to Poppy of any kind on Stampin’ Connection and throughout many of the blogs that I've been surfing lately were for Poppy Parade, as a color and not for anything military, or veteran related. 

In preparing for my Crop this weekend, I was playing with some of my toys, and came up with an idea that I think turned out very well. To be honest, I was more than a little excited for the opportunity to share a brainy idea with my colleagues and crafty friends since I'm usually the one blog surfing looking for inspiration and not the one offering it. 

Slowly but surely I'm breaking out of my previous comfort zone though and I've started creating more of my own ideas - I even took part in my first Team Swap within our team.  I realize for many who might be reading this that this isn't rocket science but I've been pretty jazzed about the progress.  

In any case, I wanted to share here also so that perhaps others who are searching for a way to show their appreciation for the supreme sacrifice made by our men and women of the military and their families daily might find some inspiration to jump outside of the box and create..   Enjoy :) 

Have you made a Poppy Project? I'd love to see it!  Please leave a comment with a link to a photo so we can all have a look.  


Here's my Poppy: 

I used Our Paper daisies – the 2nd Largest and the smallest and a silver brad.

I used a sponge dauber to sponge the real red ink to the larger flower, and classic black to the smallest and allowed them to dry.   I had to go over them a couple of times until the black didn’t look purple-ish and I was happy with how dark the red was.  Then I fastened it with a silver brad.

Everyone I showed it to this weekend LOVED it.  I hadn’t had a chance to put it on a page or card yet, but wanted to get some honest reaction to it before putting it into play.   It has too many petals, but everyone I showed it to loved how it turned out and said it was obvious what it was to represent and that they didn’t feel that it mattered there were too many petals..

Have you made a poppy project? I would love to see it! Please post a comment with a link to your photo so that we can take a peek. 


Tammy J. Wilson
iScrapNStamp – You Can Too! – Stampin’ Up! In Cardinal, ON
Shop 24/7 – Shipping Direct To You Anywhere in Canada
Visit my Blog – www.iscrapnstamp.blogspot.com (this blog)
Find me On Twitter:  @iscrapnstamp
Follow me on Facebook:  Search “Iscrapnstamp” 

No comments: